Tuesday 30 December 2014

FIVE DAYS OF GRATITUDE- DAY FOUR

Day 4

Today I read a large part of Emmanuel Iduma’s ‘Farad’. Emmanuel’s prose makes me sad, introspective. I don’t know why.
It has this way of making one feel like one is experiencing a constant flux of bathos. Maybe it’s because the characters seem to experience one passing tragedy or another. ‘Farad’ is a good book, you should get it if you can. Well, that’s me ruminating on what I did today.


I had a good time with BBM and whatsapp folks as well, plus certain people who kept BCing me to forgive them all the wrong they had done in 2014 so 2015 will be all new and shiny, like a new toy.


I trust you had a good day too. I hope you did.


It’s less than 30 hours to the end of 2014 (this side of the world though. In Australia, they’re already up to 8am in 31st December.) and I’m putting up my last but one gratitude post.


It’s gratitude day four.


Today I want to be grateful for certain people; they are those who have formed part of my narrative for a long time now. I have known them before this year, some of them not too close up, but their lives or their actions or something about them has influenced me.


I thank God for Dr. Orifowomo, my lecturer, father and friend. I can’t say anymore, because trying to will just get me stuttering on pages, like trying to describe one’s shadow. Dr. Orifowomo, I’m sure you fell from heaven. I thank God for you.


Once again I thank God for Pastor Dami of CASOR OAU. It’s been a long walk with him for about five years now. I really do thank God for him.


I thank God for Sikiru Akinola. Sikiru is this lanky, agile guy who can’t be forgotten too quickly. He introduced me to Campus life. I flew on his wings on the pages of The Nation Newspaper. He constantly teases me about not being able to speak my language. I am glad for him really. He put me out there. I owe him. Yet I can’t repay.


So I’d just thank God for him.


I thank God for Victoria, Fisayo, and Leena, for Dolapo (theresareebs).



I thank God for Maryann, my predecessor in the Moot and Mock Committee and Yinka, my #Maputo2012 buddy, both of them now at the Nigerian Law school.

As I mention these people, I giggle at fond memories.


I thank God for Akintunde Iseoluwa (Barr.), father of law. I am giggling hard now. Akin is definitely a blessing. He has been wonderful throughout the year.


I thank God for Femi Ogunjobi, he has been awesome. He’s the type of guy everyone needs around them. Everyone needs a Femi Ogunjobi.


Thank you God.


Thank You God for Kemi Alonge.


I thank God for Demola (da Supreme), and his brotherliness as we did rhymes together, his encouragement as I worked tirelessly in moot activities.


Yes. I am grateful to God for these ones, how God has helped me meet them.



Indeed I am grateful.


Tomorrow, for the last time this year, I will put up my last gratitude post.


Sleep well folks cos it’s the last time you’ll sleep at night and wake up to 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something