Monday 29 December 2014

FIVE DAYS OF GRATITUDE - DAY 3

Day 3

Today was extremely exciting for me. Too exciting that I didn’t feel the stress, at least not until now. I am extremely tired while I write this. I feel very drowsy,
yet even more thankful. Today my mum threw my sis and I this mini-party cum hangout. We both celebrated our birthdays in September and November respectively. Incidentally, we were in school at the time. So Mum decides to let us invite a few of our friends, do some good cuisine, bake a cake each for us and build some camaraderie.


It was small, engaging and explosive.


And so today, I wanted to be grateful for a different set of people, but I think this is the best time to be grateful to this set of people. Friends.



God I thank you for my friends. All of them; the distant, the semi-close and the close, the serious and straight-faced, the funny, the lousy. I thank You for those of them that love me so much that it hurts, I thank You for those of them that act like they don’t do all the mushy love stuff, but deep within they are protective of me, I thank You God for those who I know just on Facebook, but we have built strong ties over time, I thank You God for those who I haven’t spoken too in a long time and yet do not harbor any hard feelings.


Thank You


I thank you for Angel Zee and Peace Onashile, two wonderful girls that made my year.


Thank you for Zebulon Apelaten, my friend of about eight years who showed up today at my mini-party and who has constantly shown up when the need arose.



Thank You for Ebenezar Wikina, indeed thank You God for bringing him my way.



Thank You for those Facebook friends who I speak with, those who I don’t speak with, those who speak with me and those who don’t, those who make me laugh, those who make my day with their posts, those who lift my spirits, those who motivate me.



Thank You for my BBM friends, for their funny dps and inspiring ones, those ones that fill up my gallery, that I go through from time to time and nod my head in agreement.



Thank You for whatsapp folks and their queasy groups, those groups are really the best sometimes. It’s like listening to conversations you’re not privy to. Like eavesdropping.


Thank You for Emmanuel Sonuga, covenant friend of five years.


Thank You for Orifunke, my twitter-made friend.


Thank You for Tobi Adebowale, and his support and silent motivation.


Thank You for Pastor Dami of CASOR, who has s been more than a Pastor

Thank You for my two other musketeers(as Angel Zee would call us), Athos and Porthos. Maybe I’m Aramis.


Sparrow and Bolaji, I mean. My friends and roommates. Thank God for you. Really


It’s not been a cakewalk with all of these guys, but its been fun. I have learnt, I have felt companionship and I have grown.


I can’t mention them all, but in my heart, deep down inside, I thank You God for them.


*I dedicate this post to my late secondary school friend, Chukwudi Nwosu, the third in our closely knit trio of friends.


Tick-tock goes the clock, tomorrow will be gratitude day four.

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm nice blog... surprised dat u have a blog... anyway cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this as your Mentee and all I can say is that I wish I got to know you better while I was in Law school. You are so seasoned with words even as far back as 2014. Really not surprised at your progress now. Silently learning from you in my corner, you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Say something