Sunday 30 November 2014

NOW THE DAY IS OVER

I haven't done the traditional blog post for my birthday yet. This was on purpose. Becoming 21 was something worth thinking long and hard about, so I decided I would put up my birthday blog post at the end of my birthday month, precisely on the last day.

Now the day is over...


November 7 was the day, but for me November 7 was only the last day in the 365 (give or take a few) days that led from November 7 last year to this year.

Now I am 21.

So what are my decisions? What are my reflections?

I love my life so much. And I love God for the kind of life he has given me; my parents, my siblings, my friends- I couldn't ask for more.

God has put so many great people doing great things around me, from the physical people to those on Facebook, and every time I scroll my timeline or open those websites I frequent, I see these people and their new ideas and testimonies and innovative breakthroughs, and I am challenged.

There is nothing so phenomenal about 21, but I like the fact that it occured in stages; somehow, I can hold the pieces of my experiences in my hand and find within them the golden thread I need for life. Somehow, things have become more vivid, life has become more interesting.

I am growing.

Funny thing is, I am making more mistakes. Maybe too many mistakes. But I am learning from each of them and building my value system.

After 21, there is nothing else. Yes, it all ends at 21.

I mean, what else could there be? Any other thing is the rest of life. You are either under-21 or over 21.

21 is the marker age.

I am afraid of 21.

But this fear is good. It is the kind of fear that propels me, that pushes me forward, ten times faster than I would ever have been.

I don't believe I have done anything yet. In fact I haven't started. So much is left to be done. My decision is to let 21 play out itself; to depend completely on God to steer me through, to laugh freely and capture every moment and hold it dear to my heart.

And most of all, to value relationships.

I want to value people more; take relationships seriously, love truly.

For in these 21 years of my existence, I have realised, people are all that matter, much more than projects, so I will make people my projects in my new year. And hand-in-hand, with people, I will take the world.

This time, I am committed to taking risks. Risks that will make people to tag me as mad. But I know there are other mad people out there like me. I will find them, and we will do mad stuff.

The year is running to an end, but these reflections are not new year resolutions, no they are me talking about me as I do after every birthday. Happy New Year to me.

I am set for this 21 thingy. I am all set. And if you're reading this, then I am very sure you will be a part of this my journey.

I have nothing more to say. I have said so much already.

Now the day is over, Night is drawing near...

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something