Thursday 6 November 2014

BIRTHDAY BLOGGING 2: COUNTING MY BLESSINGS

I am soooo sorry for not blogging yesterday. I have been so busy planning our moot and mock team end-of-semester get together plus my literary event coming up on Saturday, plus, of course, TEDxIfe on the 15th. It's been one heck of a week. Please forgive me.

So I'm sitting down here in one of those law classes without working bulbs and in spite of the fact that time is fast running out and I need to be at my choir rehearsals, and my heart is beating fast because it's barely six hours to the birthday of Earth's most wonderful gift.


But one thing that makes me smile as I sit here today is knowing I have people around me who have touched my life and who my life has touched.

Case in point, this afternoon, two of the sweetest ladies I have ever known surprised me with a birthday present ahead of tomorrow, plus a very wonderful birthday video made from pictures of me I didn't even know existed and my favorite music. I came to understand that life is simply a collection of people who God has arranged to come your way.

So as I sit here right now, just opposite a very good lady friend of mine and in front of another good friend and classmate, I count my blessings, because my blessings are not in gold or silver, wristwatches or perfumes, good looks, or intelligence quotient, money or expensive gadgets, but in simply, the people God has put around me.

At 21, I have met so many people along the way who have affected my life positively, and I am grateful for them. Some, who didn't think they were, some who didn't know they where and some who actively did influence me.

So much has changed in the past one year; I have learned a lot, seen a lot, felt a lot, discovered a lot, been bruised a lot, endured a lot, loved a lot and grown a lot. Maybe not height-wise now (although I know I've added some inches) but I have grown. I have.

I have learned from those who thought they were learning from me. Their dependence has helped me build capacity. I have failed some and I have learned. That is why you all are my blessings. Family and Friends.

If I start counting my blessings right now, I will never stop. I will be late for my rehearsals, where I'm going to meet another great set of people whom I call my blessings.

If you are one of my blessings, you know yourself, and if you don't know, then as long as you're reading this, you are.

Thank you for being my blessing. Till tomorrow, when I blog my Birthday Blog: At 21.

Happy Birthday in advance to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something