Tuesday 4 November 2014

BIRTHDAY BLOGGING 1: GRATITUDE TUESDAY

'When I was born, my head was facing north, meaning my legs were coming out where my head was supposed to. A couple of prayers and I re-adjusted.'


 So its almost exactly one year after I put up my landmark birthday blog post last year. Well, this year I planned to have a series of blog posts run for about one week during the period up to my birthday. Sadly, some factors affected that resolve. Today is exactly three days to the day of the greatest man that ever came to this world (excluding Jesus, that is). And I choose to call today, 'Gratitude Tuesday'.


I think back at times like these, when my birthday approaches, and coincidentally, the end of the year approaches as well. I reminisce and bask in the beautiful things that make up my history.

Two decades of this me have gone by on this planet, and I cannot remember anything I can't be grateful for. Not that there  are no bad times; no downs, but at every point, there has been a reason to be grateful.

I am bad with memories, so I cannot remember all that has happened in my life (that's the reason why I am now taking pictures seriously)., yet I realise life is the most beautiful thing to experience. Yes, it can be all wrong atimes, yet there are times when the joy of being alive is the singular, most ecstatic feeling you will ever feel.

Recently, a lot of people have been particular about my age. Some, on getting to know have exclaimed 'You are so young'. Well, I don't see myself as that. I am 20, and 20 is not young.

I have had aspirations, hopes, determinations and goals. Things I hoped to have done when I was much younger; achievments I hoped to have in my hall of fame at 17, 18, even 19, yet I did not. Still, I have reason to be grateful.

Grateful for being alive

Grateful for being me. Caleb.

In the past one year I have gathered a wealth of experience that equals the last five years of my life, I have been to places I have never been before, traveled with a frequency I have not before, and heard stories I never thought existed. I have become a part of people's lives I never intended to be. I have shared emotional purgation with strangers. I have travelled into people's past and I have realised one thing.

I am privileged. Indeed I am.

I won't trade me for anyone else.

I am grateful to God.

Tomorrow, I will blog about people; people that have affected my life in the last one year- positively or negatively

Till then, I am Caleb. I am Lord Kel. I am me.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something