Thursday 5 September 2013

FREEDOM by Daniel Adebayo (12 yrs)




I long for it
I yearn for it.
Oh! The taste of freedom

In faraway lands
I hear the sounds of joyful children
Singing in their different dialects
I hear the adults cheering
Oh! The taste of freedom

The indifferent sounds of plates
No one to monitor your food eating.
Freedom to speak, Freedom to move about.
I hear the lovely women singing in their groups,
I hear the male youths playing football
Oh! The taste of freedom!

I know all hopes are not lost
I know freedom is for all
All the days of my appointed time,
I will wait until my change comes.

I will rise and say no to slavery.
I imagine the sound of the rushing waters,
I imagine myself sitting on the beach with my children
Oh! I know freedom will come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something