Thursday 5 September 2013

BLACK and CRIMSON



Creepy crawling child of fate
Sinister being alive till date
Hidden in the darkness
Lurking in blind alleys
Spilled from earth’s guts
Black- clad with crimson socks

Tiptoes to each one’s door
Are you in there?
Time to take you home
It’s me
The beast of prey
Craving for nothing
But the breath in thee

Curses on my head
To take a soul a day
So I go soul-searching
And till I find
My home abhors me

                                                                   II
The man in the diner cries
I think I ate something not nice
He’s here to take me
In black cloak and crimson socks
A glass of water cannot cure
For this fate has sealed my future

The cancer-stricken mother sobs
The doctor says I can live some
Then one morning
Little Jenny comes to cuddle Mama
And serve up some cookies
“Look what I made for you”
Yet only last night
The creepy being knocked
And came in
And took Mama home

Yet Old Grandpa
Smiling satisfiedly
Expecting the black and crimson visitor
Even names his bed in his honor
‘Death bed’
And soon Grandpa breathes his last
And breathes no more
The sinister visitor was here
And is now gone

                                                                          III
Oh Visitor why are you so cruel?
Why not, when my abode is in hell
Yet you make many weep
And steal many fast before time
Yes Yes for I am death, this dark door
The unexpected expected visitor

In and out, before any can know
With my prey in hand, something up for show
I take both young and old
I am inconsiderate, blind and old
Clad in black with crimson socks
I am alive yet I take lives
For I am banished to this hideous job


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something